Major fields of research:
- Low temperature plasma physics. Generation, control, diagnosis and applications.
Areas of investigation:
- Generation of pulsed plasma at atmospheric pressure using novel discharge configurations.
- Single-pulse and multi-pulse diagnosis of pulsed plasmas. Plasma parameters and statistical variability.
- Plasma physics and life sciences: effects of plasma on tissues, cells, biomolecules, bacteria and viruses.
- Plasma-assisted synthesis and laser radiation assisted synthesis of meso / nanoscopic structures and layers.
- Applications of plasma-assisted processes: technological sources, modifications of surface states, laboratory astrophysics.