Topics for doctoral schoool admission:
- Methods used for obtaining plasma in laboratory. Plasma density and temperature.
- Phenomena at the plasma interface with solid bodies. Floating potential. Formation of spatial charge layers, ion bombardment, secondary emission and cathode sputtering.
- Plasma treatment of surfaces: cleaning and decontamination, etching, deposition of thin films, and surface functionalization.
- Fundamentals of atomic force microscopy. Construction and working principle of atomic force microscope. Working modes of atomic force microscope.
- AFM measuring of surface forces. Types of surface forces in air and in liquid.
- Gheorghe Popa, L. Sirghi, Fundamentals of Plasma Physics, Ed. Univ. Al. I. Cuza Iași, 2000
- M. A. Lieberman, A. J. Lichtenberg, Principles of Plasma Discharges and Materials Processing, John Wiley & Sons, 2005
- Greg Haugstad, Atomic Force Microscopy: Understanding Basic and Advanced Modes Applications, John Wiley & Sons, NJ, 2012
- J. N. Israelachvili, Intermolecular and Surface Forces, Elsevier, 2011