Key areas of research:
- Plasma physics and applications of plasma physics in nanotechnology and surface processing.
- Fundamental processes in plasma interaction with surfaces.
- Manufacture of functional surfaces with applications in energy, environment, biomedicine and nanotechnology.
- Atomic force microscopy.
Areas of expertise / topics proposed:
- Plasma diagnosis.
- Plasma-assisted deposition of thin films with different functional properties (photocatalytic, bioactive, biocompatible, etc.).
- Processing surfaces by plasma (surface treatment, cleaning and decontamination of surfaces, functionalization and generation of nanoscopic structures on surfaces).
- Investigation of surface forces using atomic force microscopy (applications in nanotribology, molecular and cellular biophysics, biomaterials, etc.).