Major fields of research:
- Molecular biophysics.
- Bioelectricity and applications to medical physics.
Areas of investigation:
- Uni-molecular investigation of lipid-protein interactions.
- Nanoscopic detection of biomolecules with nanopores. Investigation of the free energy landscape pertaining to biomolecules-biomimetic systems interactions, at single-molecule level.
- Virtual instrumentation applied to molecular electrophysiology.
Fields of expertise / Proposed themes:
- Study of membrane active peptides (antimicrobials) interaction with lipid systems.
- Detection and characterization of small molecules and peptides with nanopores and molecular adaptors (e.g., cyclodextrins).
- Investigation of peptides and nanoparticles transport across lipid
membranes with electrical and optical techniques.
- Patch clamp and fluorescence studies of peptides and protein adsorption to lipid membranes and liposomes.
- The impedance spectroscopy applied to investigating biomimentic systems – biomoleculee interactions.